@ Registered under the State Cooperative Societies Act, 1912.
@ It belongs to his customers (Who are the owners and customers of the bank at the same time).
@ Work under “No Profit No Loss” model.
@ Focuses mainly on lending for bank loans to agriculture and rural sectors customers.
@ Under the dual control of Registered of Co- operative Societies and RBI.
@ The Board of Members is elected with “One Member One Vote”.
@ Primary Financing Sector:
1. Agricultural activities,
2. Some small scale industries,
3. Self employed workers.
@ Works according to co – operative principles of mutual aid.
@ For short term loan.
@ Co- operative banks have a 3- tier structure:
1. Primary (Agricultural or Urban) Credit Societies.
2. District Central Cooperative Bank
3. At the apex level – State Cooperative Bank
@ Long Term Loans :
1. Land Development Bank.
2. Cooperative and Rural Development Bank.